مدير لوجستي أول
Sr. Logistics Manager
اليوم هو آخر يوم للتسجيل
Today is the last day
Agricultural Production and Marketing Co. L.C.C.
The main purpose of this position is to organize safe storage and distribution of goods to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at an optimal cost. It involves transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods to support sales and marketing efforts through efficient, cost effective and robust supply chain network management.
- DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and implement supply chain strategy for enhanced efficiency
- Evaluate and choose the most efficient supply chain model from alternatives available.
- Design department/team structure to achieve smooth workflow and mechanism to ensure resources are used effectively to deliver results
- Help to choose right technology and the level of automation to streamline distribution and provide for scale expansion
- Estimate infrastructural requirement with respect to logistics/distribution
- Parameters and IT for performance:
- Define and meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- continuously try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Warehouse and Depots:
- Issue organizational specific warehouse management policy and procedures guideline
- Determine storage requirements
- Warehouse/depot preparation planning; managing operations
- Managing inventory levels
- Stock control and movements
- Resource requirements
- Legal considerations
- Ensure hygiene standards are maintained through the logistics process
- Ensure that all local environmental requirements are duly adhered to
- Knowledge of and adherence to regional council compliance requirements
- Health and Safety
- Understand and ensure meeting the obligations of health and safety requirements of employment legislation.
- Identify and contain/minimize product related health hazards reported by the consumer(s).
- Issue and ensure adherence to policy and procedures regarding warehouse management, fleet management and help adopt best practices regarding workmen safety and health
- Maintain an event register for supply and subsequent recall of all defective products
- People Management
- Liaison with sales and marketing teams for efficient running of the department.
- Participate in management and supervisory meetings as and when required.
- Produce end of month departmental report, on time, and as required by the management.
- Ensure accurate and up to date, daily, weekly, monthly records as required by the management.
- Ensure tasks are understood by the team members, and performed responsibly and diligently
- Help others in the team if needed; Support relief staff in their duties
Reporting to: General Manager
Education Level – Minimum required Bachelor’s degree in logistics discipline / Master’s in Transportation/Logistics from an International or regionally is added advantage
Professional Qualifications - Certified in Supply Chain added advantage / Lean Six Sigma added advantage
Work Experience - Overall experience of 12 years or more in managing a medium to large logistics operation preferably within the FMCG environment.
Job Specific Skills
- Intimate knowledge of key cost drivers
- Experience with WMS essential.
- Prior project management experience required
- Ability to lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and customer services
- Expertise in directing, managing and coordinating logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service activities
- Strong collaboration skills, across the business, at various levels of management
- Financial awareness to understand and interpret numbers; Excellent written & verbal communication / presentation skills
- Team player with excellent motivational skills
الحد الأدنى للمستوى التعليمي
Bachelor - البكالوريوس
Minimum Education Level
الحد الأدنى للخبرة