مدير تخطيط المسلخ
Abattoir Planning Manager
5 days remaining
Al Bashayer Meat Company (S.A.O.C)
Position: Abattoir Planning Manager
This position holder is responsible for animals slaughtering, meat chilling & dispatch processing at Cattle & Shoats lines. Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day products traceability, hygiene, sanitization, pest control, waste disposal of operations. Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality, food safety & halal aspect of product and service at abattoir as per international, regional, Omani standards and customers’ requirements.
DETAILED DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning & Management of Abattoir Operation
- Send animals quantity request to farm (feedlot unit) for issuing required animals for slaughtering.
- Coordinate with Meat Inspection team/VET for antemortem inspection of animals before slaughtering
- Ensure correct batch number for products traceability is issued by QC staff for processing.
- Coordinate with QC staff for line clearance of abattoir compliance before the start of operation.
- Ensure daily staff schedule following the plan, budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by the department (where necessary).
- Ensure Halal sharia advisor/Halal supervisor/ Halal team member is available at the time of animals slaughtering and keep their records.
- Plan and execute abattoir slaughtering processes efficiently and productively.
- Ensure meat chilling, weighing, labelling, packaging & dispatch processing of cattle & shoats’ products as per SOPs.
- Ensure general materials & packaging materials are available for production and packing.
- Ensure follow-through and compliance with: Quality, Food Safety, HACCP, Halal Compliance, and policies are followed during processing.
- Be a change agent by working with a team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes, and document them accordingly.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PM’s and report all issues immediately.
- Support and participate in various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
- Ensure Quality Control on every Process of the abattoir operations.
- Ensure Hygiene, sanitization & Pest Control at the plant
- Prepare for system certification audits as per requirement, ensure surveillance audits and international delegation audits and visits.
- To assist abattoir manager in taking business decision by providing and regularly advising on quantifiable production data.
- Compile and update slaughtering daily, & monthly summary.
- Compile production cost sheet on daily basis and highlight and rectify any deviation from set standards.
- Work closely with the I.T team in the development of traceability system and ensure all workstation is equipped with traceability system to produce the traceable product.
- Ensure traceability of animals and finished product till delivery.
- People Management:
- Ensure the availability of an optimized workforce in terms of quantity and quality.
- Contribute to the team, letting others know information that may be useful or important.
- Help others in the team if needed, Support relief staff in their duties.
- Creates a fun, supportive work environment.
- Participate in management and supervisory meetings when required.
- Produce timely and accurate end of month departmental report.
- Responsible for all the people management related activities
- HSE Management:
- Ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health, safety, and Environment.
- To ensure periodic medical examination of workers to avoid contamination of any kind.
- To ensure incineration of the rejected animal as per environment and health and safety standards.
- Educational Level – Minimum Requirement:
- Graduate in Food Science/Agriculture/Doctorate in Veterinary Science.
- Professional Qualifications:
- Certified in FSMS.
- Certified in (Manufacturing / Operations Management).
- Work Experience:
- The overall experience of 6 to 10 years or more with at least 3 years in handling the Abattoir operation.
الحد الأدنى للمستوى التعليمي
Bachelor - البكالوريوس
Minimum Education Level
الحد الأدنى للخبرة
Strategy / Planning